Alvis Car and Engineering Co. Ltd. was based in Coventry from 1919 until 1967. The firm not only built passenger cars, but racing cars, aircraft engines and armoured cars as well. Through the 1920’s and 30’s, Alvis cars gained a reputation for quality workmanship with car bodies being built by numerous specialist firms. After WW II, the TA range of models was introduced with many cars having coachwork by Swiss company Carrosserie Herman Graber and also Park Ward. In 1965 Rover took a controlling interest in Alvis and the last cars were built in 1967.