Audi Automobilwerke GmbH was founded in 1910 by Augustus Horch, the name Audi being Latin for “listen”. Based in Zwickau, a variety of models were made before Horch left the company in 1920. When sales declined in the 1930’s, Audi joined DKW, Horch and Wanderer to form a new group, Auto-Union, represented by the four circles of the company’s logo. Audi ceased production in 1939 and the name was not used again until 1965, the company now being owned by Volkswagen and relocated to Ingolstadt. Production increased steadily with the vehicle range moving upmarket and in 1980, the 4-wheel drive Quattro was launched which had great success in rallies. Audi also won Le Mans 13 times from 2000 to 2014. Today, Audi is a major global brand helped by its marketing slogan “Vorsprung durch Technik” (Progress through Technology). Cars are built at many sites around the world and in Germany at Neckarsulm and Ingolstadt, where there is also an excellent museum.