Ernest Chenard and Henri Walcker built their first car in 1900 at Asnières, Seine. The company prospered and had the distinction of winning the first Le Mans 24 hour race in 1923. By 1925, they were the fourth largest company in France. An alliance with Delahaye ended in 1931 and in 1936, the company was taken over by body-builders Chausson. Production ended in 1946.