Augustus Horch (1868-1951) was the manager of the Benz factory from 1896 to 1899. He then left to found his own company which began in 1900 and established itself in Zwickau in 1904. His cars achieved early successes, but a disagreement with the company’s directors led to him leaving and founding another firm, Audi in 1910. Horch became part of Auto Union in 1932 and ended in 1939, although a 4×4 command car was made up until 1941. After the war Zwickau was in East Germany. A handful of cars were made at the factory from spare parts for officers in the Soviet Army.