Jensen Motors Ltd. is named after brothers Alan & Richard Jensen. Their first car badged as a Jensen appeared in 1936 and was powered by a Ford engine. After WW II, the company concentrated on producing GT cars with engines built by Austin and then by Chrysler. The Jensen brothers left in 1966 and the company closed in 1976. There have been subsequent attempts to revive the Jensen name.