Five of the six Maserati brothers, Carlo, Bindo, Alfieri, Ettore and Ernesto were involved with cars and motor racing. Their first racing car was built in 1926 and many successes followed. In 1938, Adolfo Orsi bought the company and moved production from Bologna to Modena. The first road-going car appeared in 1947, but the three surviving Maserati brothers then left to found OSCA. Over many decades a range of fast GT cars has been built, together with a continuing involvement in motorsport. Today the company is a subsidiary of FIAT Chrysler Automobiles NV.