Packards were first built in 1899 in Warren, Ohio before the company moved to Detroit. Named after its founder James Ward Packard, the firm specialised in constructing high quality vehicles with coachbuilt bodywork and with a very distinctive radiator design. The 1930’s Depression saw the company produce more affordable cars. After WW II, Packard acquired Studebaker in 1953 and formed the Studebaker-Packard Corporation. The final cars to be badged as Packard were built in 1958 in Indiana.