Czechoslovakian company Tatra was based in Koprivnice and was founded in 1919. The name comes from the High Tatra Mountains. Hans Ledwinka (1878-1967) designed the “People’s Car” the T11, with a variety of different vehicles following, with both air and water-cooled engines. In 1934, the T77 was introduced with an aerodynamic body and a rear-mounted air-cooled engine. Other models were built with similar design features, both before and after WW II, with production continuing through the Communist era in Czechoslovakia. Sales declined throughout the 1980’s and the last cars to be badged as Tatra were built in 1998.